Join Date: Sep 1999
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Okay...now what?
I have never don this but it might make sence to you so here goes
1. with the actuator arm disconnected , position the switch as shown (it just shows a picture of the switch and actuator arm with the terminals labeled
2. Move the slider to the extreme left(accessory position)towards the steering wheel
3. Position the actuator arm in the slider hole and install the switch to the steering column being careful not to move the sslider out of the detent.
4. Hold the key in Accessory position and push the switch down column slightly to remove slack in the actuator rod.
5. Tighten the attaching screws securely.
6. connect the white connector then the black connector
7. install steering tube
It sounds as if you need more hands than we have to do this but that is what the manual says to do.
If you have a tilt column the switch goes in the opposit direction RIGHT away from the steering wheel.the switches tilt and non tilt have the positions labeled opposit.
Hope this helps....... they always say to remove the ground wire first which I rarely ever do and one day will probably be sorry.