Off Roading Forums banner

I forgot the name of this Bestop product. Help!

338 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I read a post on here two months ago about a replacement soft top for Wrangler YJs. Bestop made it and it was supposed to be a top that folds down and installs just as easily as the TJ soft tops. I can't find that post for it anymore. It had a link to a review of the product. I want to sell my soft top since I won't need it for the winter and buy this new Bestop top next spring or summer. I just need to know if it includes all new hardware and channels or if I use my existing soft top hardware. I don't want to sell the stuff if it can be re-used for the top I want to buy.
Thanks.

-Dorian

#2 ·
Super top. If you already have a soft top its cheaper to get the replacec-a-top from them because you have all the stock hardware. If you get their top you have to get their hardware. I think its like $500. My replace a top was about $350 from them.

-Tas
'89 YJ Wrangler, 4.2L, AX-15, 31x10.5" BFG AT KOs, no lift, 40series Flowmaster, Euro-taillights...

http://members.tripod.com/GRK_Taz

#4 ·
The reason the supertop comes with every thing is it will not fit the factory bows and hardware. The supertop actually fits better than the factory top. Doors and top fitup.
GP'n

G
#6 ·
Miller Time-

I just bought a new top this month so I've been through the drill. Here it is:

If you have original factory hardware that is in good shape, you may elect to get a replacement top. Here you have two choices. (I say two choices because I do not consider Steel Horse an option unless you feel like punishing yourself.)

1. Buy the standard "Replace-A-Top" made by Bestop. The material is like OEM and is now available with tinted windows or without. This will be your best value. 2. Buy the new "Sail Cloth" replace-a-top. This is the new heavy material that is standard on the 2001 TJ. It is much quieter than the old material. I just put one on my 93 YJ and love it. However, as with everything, better cost more.

If some of the misc. parts of the hardware on your OEM top are bad, you may be able to get replacements from 4WD Hardware. If the bows or channels are bad on the OEM hardware, keep what you can for future parts or trade and move on to the Supertop. It comes with all the hardware and cloth. The only problem is that when the fabric goes bad, you have to buy a whole new Supertop, hardware and all, as there is no replacement cloth only option for the top. The Supertop and the "Sail Cloth" are close in price.

Good Luck!
Kriss

G
#8 ·
billTJ-

I think the Sail Cloth is a lot quieter. You don't get the "snapping" sound that the standard top makes at speed. All the standard tops are the same when it comes to noise up to 2001.

Kriss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.