Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - What will happen next?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2001, 03:39 PM
CJDave
Keyboard Implanted

Re: What will happen next?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] In our recent rebuild of a FS GM 4X4 we found the TRANNY TO BELLHOUSING bolts completely washed out because Cletus and Leroy didn't get them in good and tight when they did the Saturday afternoon mill swappin' bee. I made up some extra long studs, Std X NF......screwed them into the bellhousing with Lock-Tite on the threads, and then slid that SM465 over the studs and held that sucker with double NF hex nuts on each stud. That's the trouble with aluminum castings for bellhousings.....without studs it's a MICKEY MOUSE arrangement. Maybe I've spent too much time around those greasy diesels, but to me, studs are the cure for OH SO MANY problems, NOT THE LEAST OF WHICH is exhaust manifold bolt trouble. We have studs all the way on our 304 exhausts, with an oversize nut AND a std brass nut on each one.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
A Jeep Skunkworks run by Moonguys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img], buildin' the ultimate SNOJEEP!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome