Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - 'Gator Chaser is running and driving again.
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Sycho15

Re: \'Gator Chaser is running and driving again.

Yeah I saw that and circled it in red ink. How do you like my new signature pic? I think one more Jeep would fit in there.... My 'rents are pretty pissed though! The Postal is going to the shop, I dont have time to mess with it anymore and I just want it fixed up and sold. I need to haul the big boat to a storage place too. My rudders for the catamaran came so next week that can go out to the beach and I can hide the trailer in the woods at the school I work for (fenced in and all). I filled the NP-208 with ATF today. It took 3.5 quarts of it! I dont like the B&M Z-Gate shifter at all, what a pain in the ass! I put it where the manual shifter used to come out and it goes under the dash in the park position. Doesn't engage very well either. I'm selling it to a friend for $50 (half of what I paid for it) and buying a cheap linkage shifter that looks like a manual, so it should be back within reach. The electic fan still isn't wired up. I can't find the wiring or the diagram that came with it....

There were a few other 'steals' in the bargain trader. '86 dodge for $300 (in Lakeland) that my friend should pick up. He needs a new rear and end x-case for his $500 Dodge..., '78 Grand Wagoneer for $800 that runs and drives well (so it says...) and stuff like that.

FYI, my friend is giving away his hybrid truck. The frame is a '78 Cherokee, body from the cab forward is '75 J-20 (no bed on back, just a board with the gas tank and battery strapped down), running gear is '81 J-10 258 (I hear its all apart now), T-176, NP-208, D44 front and AMC20HD rear (both welded up with 3.54 gears) It is spring over axle up front, lift blocks in the rear. Has room for 38" tires (and no body lift). No rims currently on it but if someone wanted to haul it away I have some dinky donut tires on rims that will fit it. I'd love to swap a 360/TF-727 combo into this truck and put some nice tires on it, but I have no place to put it either!

'89 Comanche, '89 Wrangler, '74 Postal

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome