Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - YJ runs for ten seconds
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 04:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

YJ runs for ten seconds

I posted my problem last night and got no responses. I have high hopes this time.
My 91 YJ (4.0L/5speed/BDS lift) has run well since I bought it in March. This morning, I went to leave for work. The Jeep started normally, but stalled after about ten seconds. Three attempts to restart it were unsuccessful. I smelled gas as I got in my other truck to make it to work on time. Came home this afternoon and popped the hood to look for anything obvious. Again it started immediately and stalled after ten seconds, then wouldn't start. Same thing after an hour or so. It has a few hundred miles on an Accel coil, new fuel pump and filter, and properly gapped plugs. I have rebuilt engines in the past, but admittedly know very little about computer diagnostics and fuel injection. Any advice before I get elbow deep in it would be appreciated. Tried again today and it ran fine for 15 seconds before dying. Didn't try to restart it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome