Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Grrrrrr, stupid windshield!
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Smokngun
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Grrrrrr, stupid windshield!

Thanks WILL, my whole point for taking the day off of work today was to be there when the guy installed it so it wouldn't get [email protected]#*%d up, and so I could go driving soon after. I would just lay the frame down but I have quite a bit of 55 mph driving to work in the morning (and the mornings are getting 'crisp' around here). They said they would be out monday, but I told them I wasn't taking the whole day off of work AGAIN, so they are to call me at work an hour before they will be there, and I'll take my lunch break (no pun intended) around them.

LEVE, thanks for the swift e-mail on the subject. The guy did lay the glass against the w/s frame and it was about 1/4" bigger than the opening. The seal, however, looks like it places the glass forward of the seal flange on the frame...not within it, so he thought it would work. They are sending out someone different on monday...time will tell if he is any better. I really wanted to drive it this weekend! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, IT'S ALIVE!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome