Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - What do you guys think bout this TJ
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 03:05 PM
H8monday

Re: What do you guys think bout this TJ

Looks pretty capable to me.
I would think all of the mods can be justified since he owns his own shop, and no doubt needs to advertise.
The open air filters work fine, I have mine set up the same way. It is up high enough that if he starts drawing water in it, he or most anyone else would already be in bigger trouble than worrying about sucking water. I personaly use skirts around my engine compartment to keep water from splashing up, but still, that open air set up is pretty common among the rigs I usually run with. Considering his geographical location, I would venture to say that a removable snorkel set up will be forthecomming.
Cosmeticaly, well I dont necessarily like the look, but who really cares, he has great tire clearance, and cosmetics is in the eye of the beholder. Many folks may not like the looks of my modifications, but fabrication necessities have lead to the look. Form does follow function. I like the coil over set up, its a much better set up, than individual coils and springs.
He has strong axles, a superb T case, very capable engine and drive train, a seriouse cage, high clearance bumpers, and good rubber. Hmmmmm whats not to like?

Jeff
89 YJ
Adversity is imminent, versatility is mandatory, misery is optional.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome