Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - K&N filters
Thread: K&N filters
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 04:34 PM
raymo
Old Hand

Re: K&N filters

I think the off-road industry will see some changes in what is the preferred filter for off-road vehicles especially, but all vehicles eventually.

Dirt Bikes riders have always been into air flow improvements (a lot of nice stainless steel exhausts out there) and keeping dirt out of their bikes' internals. The foam filters are superior in air flow and trapping particles of dirt. In fact, when dirt bike riders use a K&N they usually have a foam 'sock' that goes over it.

I've had K&N filters on my cars for years. I have a friend who started a filter oil company called No-Toil. He showed me the emperical results of foam v. fiber v. paper and it's pretty obvious. He sells all sorts of filters and had one tha fit my MPI intake for under $30.

The No-Toil trick is in the oil. It is environmental friendly and can be washed safely in the sink, washing machine, since it doesn't need solvents to clean it. It is not a petroleum-based oil.

I used it on the Rubicon and was amazed at how much more dirt was trapped than the K&N I have been using. So, when I want to clean it out I can wash it in the sink with their biodegradable cleaner, then apply new oil. It's too simple and it makes sense.

Here is their web site http://www.notoil.com

or, contact [email protected]

-raymo
4.6 Stroker Scrambler

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome