Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Anyone make their own center console
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 01:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Anyone make their own center console

i just cut the upper part of the lip off (where it makes the "L" shape) and then the hing is welded to that bracket thingy (hard to explain with out a pic) . as for the hing i had a steel door (industrial style) with a beefy stainless hing and i welded it on and cut the overhangs off. it works great. as for mouning it i havn't yet. the jeep is still in the motor swap stage and i am waiting to get it going so i can tell for sure where my shifters will be and then install it so it doesn't interfere.. i decided to build this while i had it down. my old steelhorse console is a pos. mine is exactly the same box like the one in the pictures. my jeep is a cj5 so it will bolt down to the rear bed portion of the floor and then again up on the hump. i'll probably use two bolts in the back (flat part) and one in the center in the front. with the rear of the box sitting on the flat and bolted down it will sit level and stady. also i like the little strap he used to keep the lid from swinging open all the way. i might have to copy that! i took the handle's off the box because they looked like someing to rattle.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
vortec350/4L80E/d300/d60fr/14br/detroits/4.56/38's

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome