Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Yeah!!I got a jeep today!!!!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
JoeyCJ55

Yeah!!I got a jeep today!!!!

I went out today on my lunch break and picked up a 1.00 bargain trader at the grocery store.
I noticed a cj about my price range in there and decided to call him up and check it out.
The guy wanted 3,200 for the 78 CJ-7 with a hardtop and full doors,flame paint job(had a few chips and rust spots..,Spring over,33' tires,4.3L V6,Turbo 350 Transmission,Hurst shifter,and a kinda nice interior,grill gaurd,tire carrier,chrome wheels.
The downsides were that the transfercase chain is out and the front axle is leaking a bit of fluid..and it probably needs a new carb as it trys to die when I am driving down the street sometimes.
He said he has barely driven it in the 2 years he owned it.He had a blazer sitting back there next to it..He said he hasn't priced any jeeps lately and said he didn't know exactly how much it was worth.
I got him down to 2,700 and I gave him a downpayment and I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow and pay the rest(banks are closed today)
Anyone know how hard it is to change the t-case chain out?
I'll take some pictures tomorrow..
Man I am happy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Later
Joey

Its four wheel drive and naked women what more do you want?
-Dirt Dog
SWB BBS Member Page!(exclamation)
http://www.shortwheelbase.com

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome