Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Advice for a jeep newbie
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 01:23 PM
kerryp
Can't Get Enough

Re: Advice for a jeep newbie

I assume that in the New England states that rust is a problem? If so, that is probably the problem with the body. I would check everything over real good especially the frame to make sure theres no major rust. Surface rust isn't that big of a deal, just look it over real good.

If the engine has 160k I would think it would be ready for a rebuild, even if the guy took superb shape of it, 160k is alot of miles, not to mention, I believe a vehicle adapts to the way a person drives it.

Since he has driven it for 160k, once you start driving it, things may decide to start going south just because your driving style is alittle different and that is the straw that breaks the Jeeps back.

Take a look at it real close and base your decision on information, not your eagerness to own a Jeep....Be patient and the right one will come along, you have plenty of time for impulse buys for your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, .......etc. Jeeps..{smile] "don't undersetimate the power of the Jeep side Luke",,,[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

kerryp

http://bastroptx4x4.alloffroad.com

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome