Off Roading Forums banner

73 chevy transmission??? what is it??

468 views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
My transmission in my jeep just died this past week. I'm looking around for a new one. There is this 1973 Chevy pickup next door (2 wheel drive) with a 350 in it. What I'm really after is the 4 speed. I was just wondering if anyone knew what transmission this is? Also do you know what the gearing is? One other option I was thinking about was just puting the whole mess (engine,clutch,transmission) in together. The only problem with this is that my engine runs fine as it is and provides plenty of power for my situation and Im not sure if the 350 even runs at all. Basically I would just like your opinions on the matter. Does anyone have a transmission they would like to sell? I kind of want to go to a manual. I was thinking maybe a T-18. I would be interested in another th400 too. The 400 would be the easiest but as I said before, I would like to go manual. Thanks for the help.

#3 ·
If it's factory, it should be the 465. But then again it is a 73. Who knows whats in it now. Is it a granny? I've seen 435's, regular saganaw 4 speeds or whatever thrown in them. Better get a good look first.

Turn the wheels in the head before the gears in the jaw
dirtdog@shortwheelbase.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.