Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Hummvee kits/replicas
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 09:43 AM
AJMBLAZER
Mud in my Veins

Re: Hummvee kits/replicas

I can't say much about the Bummer kits other than many people on here would consider it sacralige (sp?) to do something like that to a good looking truck. Now, if the body was all rotted to h*$l and falling off, then it would be acceptable.

The Humvee you saw was probably part of the couple hundred that the USMC traded to some construction company as partial payment for work they were doing on a Marine Base. That circumvented the ban on selling them. If it's one of those, it's totally legal, just make sure all the paperwork is there. There have been a few that "dissappeared", and later appeared in car lots, but those almost always ended up back in the possession of the government. Also, if you are interested in that real HMMWV in the Auto Trader, bear in mind that all the ones the USMC released to that company were in varying states of disrepair. Some just needed a whole vehicle tune up, others were all kinds of screwed up.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Aircraft, Cars, and Me

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome