Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - can some teach me how to use a double flare tool??
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2001, 09:24 PM
CJDave
Keyboard Implanted

Re: can some teach me how to use a double flare tool??

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Tim......I posed your inquiry to my Moonguy-in-chief of tubing concerns, and here is his answer: (1) Insert tubing into correct spot in flaring tool rails. Select the correct disk for the tube size you have. The amount of "stick up" above the deck of the flaring tool rails is equal to the thickness of the round disk. Set the disk alongside and adjust the stickup to get the end of the tube as high as the disk is thick. [BE SURE THAT YOU HAVE REAMED THE TUBE AFTER CUTTING.] (2) Drop the stem of the disk into the tube and slide the clamp into place, putting the point of the clamp into the little center punch hole provided. (3) Clamp the disk down to zero clearance at the rails. (4) Remove clamp; remove disk. Reset clamp and finish flaring the tube with the clamp only.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
A Jeep Skunkworks run by Moonguys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img], buildin' the ultimate SNOJEEP!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome