Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Filling Holes in doors/tub...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-08-1999, 10:16 AM
Robert87yj

Filling Holes in doors/tub...

When I purchased my 87YJ, it came with little side mirrors on the full hard doors and a hard top. It also came with a soft top and half doors. In the ignorance of my youth, I thought I would be neat to put some 87 long arm type mirrors on the Jeep. When I recieved the mirrors, I didn't know where to mount them, so I drilled holes[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] in the half doors and put them there. I made sure to put some heaver gauge metal backing where the bolts went through the sheet metal. After seeing a few pictures, and concerns about having already damaged the doors, I am going to put the mirrors on the windshield hinge.
My question is, what is the best way to fill the holes in the full and half doors. Should I be concerned with making sure that the doors get painted on the inside as well as out side when I the holes patched?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Robert87yj[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome