Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - OT Real Estate Question Any Realtors out there?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Scoobydoo

OT Real Estate Question Any Realtors out there?

Sorry but this has NOTHING to do with four wheelin or trucks!

I am Selling my house and having a new one built. Since I have about 6 months to sell my house I figured I would try to sell it myself. It seams to be going good I made flyers and have a few signs up, and am getting lots of calls and people comming to look at it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BUT I am also getting LOTS of realtor's that say they have people interested in my house but will not show it to them unless I pay them a 3 percent "CO-Broke" the house being $210,000 means I would have to give them over $6,000 for doing what? they did not even list the property on the computer[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Sounds like a rip off to me![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, I have also seen some "For Sale By Owner" Signs that Say "Courtesy paid to Broker" What does that mean? is that a percentage or just a "Flat price" that you set yourself I don't mind paying a realtor $1,000 or $2,000 if I get the full price But I thing $6,000 is crazy.
Any realtors out there, can you tell me what to do, or how this "courtesy" thing works?

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome