Off Roading Forums banner

i need power for 93' sidekick

509 views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  IMC2112 
G
#1 ·
i need power for 93\' sidekick

i would like some suggestions for easy bolt on power enhancing goodies. my zuk has 140,000 mi on her, and i pull a 1600lb trailer, so you can imagine she struggles just a bit. i am wondering if my oxy. sensor is bad, with my loss of power, and suffering mpg.
i am not a great mechanic so please bear with me if my questions seem elementary.

#2 ·
Re: i need power for 93\' sidekick

Have you checked the compression lately? I run 31's and the only mods I have are 2" exhaust and a K&N. It goes nice but I don't know about towing a 1600 lb trailer, i can tell when I got a passenger!

93 Tracker, ProComp, Calmini, 31's, Thorley, K&N, etc..., aka the donor. Looking for a donee..

G
#3 ·

I've added an underdrive pulley, adjustable cam sprocket and a K&N filter to my 93 1.6L 16V Sidekick. Very happy with the power increases. I think a header is next on the agenda.

G
#4 ·

Question for imc2112. You mentioned a n adjustable cam sprocket for your 1.6 I was wondering and looking for such a sprocket for a 1.3 Know where i should look?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.