Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - tj door top sliders
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-07-1999, 09:37 PM
CJ7Taz
Official Curmudgeon

Re: tj door top sliders

I bought a set of sliders for the CJ7 off of ebay for about half price. They are new, factory seconds, the
guy sells them all the time, just need to be patient and wait for the right style and color. I haven't tried
them out yet, actually I've only got one of them adjusted to fit the holes in the door so far. I've got
fiberglass half doors (I think from 4wd) and I glassed in the tubes to hold the windows myself, using
some soft upper doors to locate the holes, so I'm not sure if they are in the exact right place or not and
I had to adjust the pegs. Still I'm assuming some adjustment of the pegs is required even on factory
doors.

I hear it doesn't get that cold in Seattle anyway, we've only gotten down to 23 below here, not in a few
years though. Funny part was we set the record for the highest temp ever recorded for the date the day
before. With 100 degree temp changes in 24 hours here in the midwest, I may want to put the top
down when it hits 95 in the middle of January so I avoid putting the hardtop on. Looks like it's going on
this year though, we've already been down in the 30s.

Ron

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome