Off Roading Forums banner

What's it worth?

527 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
What\'s it worth?

I can get an '87 Chevy K30 4x4. 454TBI, auto, has a/c but doesn't work. Bed is rotted to hell, but it's a work truck. Guy said he could get me another bed for $100. Has a Western plow in great shape. D60 front, 14FF rear. Don't know the ratio yet.
Runs great...just needs a new flex plate (teeth stripped)
Has a little rust and some dings and dents but like I said it's a work truck.
What would this truck go for so I know I won't get ripped off or that I'm getting a steal?
I'd love to use it to plow this winter but if I can chop it and get more for the parts then that's what I'm gonna do.
As long as it's worth more than he's asking.
I'd like to know what it should go for before I say what he's asking.

The trouble with being on top...You always have to look over your shoulder. The best never rest. Fear the FORD thunder!!!

#3 ·
Re: What\'s it worth?

It's got some rust and I have 5 other vehicles so I don't need it as a daily driver. It's just a beat on work truck. The bed sides a held together by rope and the bedliner.
I would use it in the winter just for plowing or sell the running gear. I already have an 87 Suburban with a diesel and the one ton running gear so I don't need the parts myself.
I just wanted to know what average price this truck might sell for.

The trouble with being on top...You always have to look over your shoulder. The best never rest. Fear the FORD thunder!!!

#4 ·

Hell that front axle could bring 1500-2000 USED down here. Tcase is probably mated 205 w/ a 400?
The engine is worth a ton.
And if you buy it I would buy the axles.
Ratio probably 4.10's

1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71 Ext. Cab - 295x75 BFG AT KO's

#5 ·

Does that mean you'd give me 2000 for the front axle? LOL
I'm going to go back tomorrow and see if he'll let me climb under it to check the tags on the axles (for ratio and L/S). I'm assuming it's a 400 trans cuz it's a big block, but I thought they stopped using the NP205 before 87?
I can also get a 77 this other guy has. It's rotted to hell, the interior is gutted, he pulled the 350 last week to put in his other truck. It has no emblems so I don't know if it's a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton. I know it has a 14FF in the rear but it's in a lot of weeds and I didn't get a close look at the other stuff. I can probably get it for a couple hundred. Is it worth it?

#6 ·

If I needed one bad I would..
but thank God I don't.
Maybe they did stop the 205. But the engine alone is worth a bit down here. 454 TBI. geez get the whole truck and sell the parts.

1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71 Ext. Cab - 295x75 BFG AT KO's

#7 ·

One tons used the 205 up till 91 in crew cabs, And 87 in the regular cabs, After that the swiched to the NP-241. I's say the 77 is worth a couple hundred for the rear end if it's(The rear end) in good shape.

Come on Come on listen to the 40's talk!

G
#8 ·

If you can get it for any thing around a couple of hundred bucks it is well worth it the plow set up by it's self is worth more than that.

Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.

#9 ·

The 77 I might be able to get for a couple hundred. The 87 is a lot more.

G
#10 ·

If the truck runs it's well worth $3000, maybe more depending on condition. You could part it out for $5000 or more.
Let me know your location and if you want to sell any parts.
I'd be interested in the Dana 60 and the 454 and the plow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.