Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Does anybody know the size of stock YJ Dash Guages?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 10-07-1999, 03:11 PM
3/4tonYJ

Re: Does anybody know the size of stock YJ Dash Guages?

i made my YJ dash upgrade a 2 part project, the 5 small ones start to finish and then the others later. first get a manual that has wiring diagrams of your jeep in it for reference, (i then started with the guages i wanted to use) glueing/sealing them to the backside of the plastic dash itself) and then made a small harness using the old factory adaptor and new wires, i can work on it in my house and remove it later if needed. (so one at a time, they all come with installation instructions i started wiring them up) mostly they are easy, i used a common ground for all, common light wire for all, i like mechanical guages when available, (like vaccum, oil press. and temperature) if you don't have that warm fuzzy cutting up your dash and wiring, maybe start with one of those 2 or 3 guage with mount kits for under the dash, you can always remove it later and reuse the guages.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

3/4tonYJ
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]'89YJ,4.3/th350/np231/8-lug,44/60

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome