Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - M/T Classic & BFG MT KM
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 06:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

M/T Classic & BFG MT KM

After waiting for more than a year, the new BFG MT KMs are finally available. I saw these tires on a Toyota 4x4 at one of Michelin's proving grounds this weekend, and I must say they look absolutely awesome! The only question I still have is about tire and wheel size for a Chevy (sorry to bring it up again guys).

I have a 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 with the snow plow prep package from Chevy, but no lift. I want to install a set of 16x8 M/T Classics or M/T Classic IIs with the a set of LT265/75/16 BFG MT KMs. Does anyone out there have the 8-lug M/T Classics or Classic IIs on a similar truck that they could post? Can anyone tell me for sure if either of these combinations will fit with no tire rubbing? The Classics have a 4.5625" backspacing and the Classic IIs have a 5" backspacing. Even though the Classic IIs might provide more tire clearance, I really want to put the Classics on my truck. I've seen some posts that say LT285/75/16s mounted on 8" rims will fit without a lift, but I just don't see how it's possible. The 4" wider track of the 2500 and 3500 will surely cause interference problems with 285s, but will 265s fit without rubbing?

If someone has personal experience with this configuration, I'd love to get your feedback (and images if possible).

Thanks,
Mark

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome