Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Oops and DOH !!!! Extemely Long
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 09:05 PM
DannyL
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Oops and DOH !!!! Extemely Long

Been there, done that. Now I don't leave home without it.....It is anything that will get my truck out!

My Duh?

Go down the road to try my new rear locker. Winter, cold and I have running shoes and coveralls on. NO hat, gloves, tools, Hi-lift, cell phone or tow straps.
Situation: Try to enter abandoned quarry. Snow bank 4 feet tall. Packed snow made by plow. No problem.......till I sink like a rock. Call wife bring Jeep to pull me out.....NO CELL PHONE!!!!! What do I have......remote for winch. AH that's the ticket......pull myself INTO snow bank! NOT.....Pull sideways? No better........Pull backwards? across the road with cars comming by on a not so busy "country road".......... no options......go for it........pick big tree and hook up the cable to tree saver.......NOT! I don't have it!!! Oh no not back to the winch cable.....YES! no choice......with the cable flat on the road I hear a car comming..OH $HIT....slows down to look at moron stuck in snow bank....no cars, let's do this.......it's working..sort of...winch (8000) is almost stalling......Ok get in and help with trucks power in reverse. YA it's working.....A CAR COMMING AGAIN!!!!!!! let of the winch cable and pray...boy that was close...Again in reverse and were OUT Yahoo.....
Damage: fairlead twisted from STUPID pulling practice...
Lesson: BRING everything if you think you're going to be STUPID!!!!!!

Thank you for your time.........

DannyL

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome