Off Roading Forums banner

finally

436 views 5 replies 1 participant last post by  Blazer1970 
G
#1 ·
hey i finally got a truck its a 98 gmc z71 ext cab shortbed and my dad wants to get new tires for it and we were looking at goodyear mt/r tires and he wants as big as possible stock so will 285/75/16 for sure fit stock rims without rubbing and he wants to ask tire place that will a place like jensen say they will fit or will they say no i really want that size but if they say no he wont get it :) wow i'm pumped

one day it will all happen

#2 ·
the tire shop told that 285s wouldnt fit on mine with stock wheels, I just told to mount em, and they were surprised to find they would.

go to the tire shops with out the old man and find a shop thatl tell you theyl fit then take your dad and the truck there and get em monted up.

Evan

16x8 bajas wrapped with 285 TXRs, T-BARS cranked to level, and minor trimming

G
#3 ·
aight thanks anyone else got some ideas? my dad will only deal through one shop i guess hehe he seems to like this place so i guess cross my fingers cause i really want them tires on my new toy :)

one day it will all happen

G
#4 ·
ntb told me the same thing about 32x11.5x15 on my 83 silverado. i said i wanted them anyways and on they went. they checked her out by jacking her up in different places to see any rubbing. there was none. i was happy. i think they wanted to prove me wrong more than look out for my truck.
some guy i was talking to at a gas station highly recommended the new goodyear mtr. very aggressive tire and last a good while.

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.

G
#5 ·
Tell your dad to take a look at this board ,there are alot of guys here who either have or used to have 285's on their rigs. The one thing you cant argue with is EXPERIENCE. Most the guys in tire shops dont know dick, I personally have proven them wrong plenty of times. Anyway, just put a post on here saying something like "Who has or has had 285"s on a stock late model " and show your dad the 40000000 replies .that should convince him .Good luck .

If it's brown..It's goin down!

G
#6 ·
Your lucky to find someone in a tire store that knows what they NEED to know - speed and load ratings, much less someone who knows what tires will fit on what specific vehicle beyond the manufacturer's recommendations.

'70 CST Blazer, 350, SM465, NP205.
'87 Suburban 4X4, 350, 700R4
'01 GMC 2500HD, Duramax/Allison

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.