Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Wagoneer QC Hi-LO question
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Sycho15

Wagoneer QC Hi-LO question

I am looking at a 1978 Wagoneer Limited. It has a SOA on the front with blocks in the rear and a 3" body lift. 34x14.5 Thornbirds in good shape on steel spoke rims. The body is in great shape considering the age with the only eyesore the faded orage paint-job (no big deal), and nice bucket seats out of a car in the front along with the original bench seat in the rear and 3 different colors of carpeting. It has a 360 mated to an automatic tranny (I'm guessing the TH400) and Quadra-Track transfer-case. They are asking $600 obo [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
I took a look underneath and the front driveshaft is disconected, I found it lying inside and tried to fit it up and it looks a bit short, but there were no U-joints there either. Anyways I can have it lengthened a bit no problem. The autmatic transmission shifter moved freely and then I found the Hi-Low range lever by the driver's seat and moved it up and down and there was NO resistance whatsoever. Is this normal, if not can it be easily fixed or will it be better to replace the unit? There are a few QT-equipped Wagoneers and Grand-Wagoneers in the local junk-yard I could get my hands on. (My friend will be getting his tranny out of one of these.) The wiring harness needs to be connected and a new battery installed to get this thing running, so they say. I will try and get it running before I make an offer (if I make an offer.) They also said there were quite a few spare parts for it and many new parts in it already.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome