Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Black Diamond vs Superlift Soft ride?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 09:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Black Diamond vs Superlift Soft ride?

<font color=blue>I've got the 3.5" Warn/Black Diamond lift, with A/T shocks on a 94 YJ, and 3/8" boomerangs... I love the lift, but the shocks are a *little* soft for the cornering on the street... (I drive it to work once in a while...)

My BD kit came with everything but the kitchen sink, including transfer case lowering bushings, instead of shims, for the driveshaft... It works like a charm... Couldn't go much higher, though...

I added sway-bar quick disconnects (I don't think CJ's have sway-bars), u-bolt skid plates, and urethane bushings...

Have you thought about 3/8" Boomerang shackle lift, instead of traditional shackles? They fold better behind the frame... at least on my YJ... I don't even know if they offer them for CJ's...???

try http://www.mountainoffroad.com They just released 3/8" lift boomerangs with 9/16 greasable bolts (they're not on the website yet) for the YJ... As YJ leaf springs are wider, (more is better, right?), any thought to converting your CJ to YJ lift? just some grub for the brain... </font color=blue>

<font color=green>I'll be updating my website with pix soon.... you'll be able to check out the whole process... If I ever get around to it! (too many mods, too little time!)

Happy Jeepin!</font color=green>

<font color=blue>YJ94
94 YJ, I6, 3.5" Warn lift, 31.5 BFG A/T
[email protected]</font color=blue>

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome