Off Roading Forums banner

zookimelt report

602 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  wildweasel 
G
#1 ·
Well, this is my first post here in a LONG time...

I registered like over a year ago and surf in once in a while to read stuff... heh heh, I guess i will have to come out of my lurker hole more often now...

First off i want to say thanks to TD(Troy)Graham for putting the melt together again this year!!!! It was a HUGE success thanks to all the volunteers, you know who you are. Also a big thanks to all the vendors that made donations for the raffle prizes!! I would like to personally thank Brent at Trail Tough, i won a really cool Suzuki first aid kit that he donated. I would also like to thank the "other" Troy Graham of GOTZUK.COM, i won a really cool t-shirt and sticker that he donated.

It was great to see old friends again and to make new friends as well, It was a blast wheeling with everyone, i just wish i would have had a chance to wheel with and meet more of ya!!!!

For those of you that didn't make it, you missed a heck of a weekend. From the Hardcore4x4 zukimelt wrench fest, to Billy Bob's cooking, to Dennis Stroot's Samurai lowrider surf-mobile, to 200 zuks of all kinds, to Murph's pink flamingo (BTW Murph, you still owe me a barly pop!), to Beanco's used parts shop, to all the great trails, to the "rock crawl race and spectator chase", and to Rick Lance winning "my" award.

For those of you that don't know the story behind this award, here goes... The first time i ever went to Attica was about 4 years ago, i had just finished my first SPOA, and went there for a run that Troy had set up with a few folks from the old avenza email list. I drove my ZUK there with a pal of mine riding shotgun and we wheeled it hard. I went through 2 or 3 u-joints, broke off a shock mount, blew a tire off the rim, tore the holes out of the end of one of the front frame horns plus some other stuff i'm sure i forgot.

Three years ago, at the first zookimelt, Troy gave out a few cheesey awards, and he named one of them the dana award, which was for the person who suffered the most drive train damage. I was in the running though, to win "my" award back again this year, even though i didn't want it. I managed to break a front, long side axle shaft. It had a birfield ring on it, but it broke the ball cage out and mangled the inner shaft splines. I also had a right front spindle bearing shred itself as well.

Fortunately, Rick Lance has a condition called "heavy right foot-itis" that allowed him to win the award once again.

I also want to apologize to anyone who didn't get to run the pink trail that wanted to. I would have been able to lead a couple more groups on the pink trail on Sat. if i could have fixed my rig quicker.

I also want to say thanks to all the folks that bought parts from my little pile of stuff.

My girlfriend Jen and myself both had a blast this year!

Thanks everyone!!!

L8ter...
Dana
Marion, Iowa
www.stomperzuk.com
ZUKon!

See less See more
#2 ·
It was great meeting you.I hope to see you next year,and I will take my PINK and WHITE zook on the trail.I promised Porter I would not mess up his HARDCORE 4X4 stickers until after the Melt.I am now free to trail ride gentle,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM

#3 ·
DANA- it was kick a$$ finally meeting you! I am hoping that next year we will be able to run pink with you a few times. that was the only one we didn't run this year. take care of yourself and we will see you next year!
Rae

Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.

#4 ·
Dana- Thanks for being trail leader on friday. while the
trails where more like short loops we all had a god time and you where a good trail leader. We went back and ran the
Pink on Sat with Yankee Tim and I tore the sidewalls on
my 2 front tires on the section with the rocks in the Gully.
I munched the same front axle, But got the bits out of the bearings, (Thanks to onboard air.) Zookimelt staff did a great job.

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html

#5 ·
dana, dont recolect if i met ya or not, too busy to remember. if so, great, if not, next year man. glad to hear you made it home fine.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

G
#7 ·
dana, i didn't get to officially meet you but ya seem like a cool guy. maybe next time!!

-Mitch
86 samurai
33"BFG, YJ rear 3"rears up front w/breeze droplinks, breeze crossover steering & track bar, DT shocks, locked f&R, 4.16 case, weber, header

G
#8 ·
Hey RR, It was good meeting you again too. We actually met briefly last year. I met tons of new folks this year as well, but i'm sure i will forget a few of them, please don't hold it against me.

Billy Bob, i also met you briefly last year and said hey a couple of times this year. We really didn't get a chance to conversate though, cause i know you were 1 busy fellow. I was the bald guy wearing a woodland camo boonie hat driving the urban camo ZUK.

Rae, i'm glad i got a chance to chat with you for a bit, Mitch, i wish i woulda had a chance to "officially" meet you too. Maybe next yr. or on another trail ride sometime.

Glenn, It was a pleasure wheeling and talking ZUK with ya. You have a killer rig!

L8ter...
Dana
Marion, Iowa
www.stomperzuk.com
ZUKon!

G
#10 ·
Dana, great seeing you again and meeting your Lady. Sorry to hear Shane is driftin away from the sport but I have to admit, your Lady is a whole lot easier on the eyes /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Take care and see you next year.

Scott Whitmore
"It's not that it's able to do the job. It's that it does the job so well"

#11 ·
Both Stomper and I broke the same front axles this year.
(both had the same failure.. Inner cage destroyed.)
Yankee Tim's rig broke a front shaft, Birfeld with Spidertrax ring held up. I had to pull it up the hill to the parkinglot.

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.