Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Hey CJ"moonguy"Dave
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 12:27 PM
CJDave
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Hey CJ\"moonguy\"Dave

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I just asked the little moon guys [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] about that and it was a note concerning the model 229 case. 229 was a Select-Trac case, a fine unit, but it did need to be run in FWD (open) for a little bit every now and then to keep it lubed up real good. That was the early Select-Trac and was discontinued in 1987. Your friend's case does not have that requirement, as it is most likely the super-snow 242 Select-Trac like my '97 GC has.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The 242 has a planetary reduction gear with chain drive to the front shaft. It has 2.72:1 Low Range, and in FWD Green (center differential unlocked) it is unstoppable in snow. Tell him to get used to driving past Exploders in snow....Blazies too.....Oh and Epediters too.....and uh, Toycars too.....lessee did I leave any out? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Oh, and one more thing...tell him to MATCH THE TIRES....get them all exactly the same size. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

CJDave

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome