Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Locker Dilema - Need opinions!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
jamgood96
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Locker Dilema - Need opinions!

Well, I'm inching closer to getting my axles installed into my YJ. Well, I noticed the thread today about the cable locker. I guess I should of considered this route before I threw the Detroits in. My thoughts are possible pulling the Detroit out and selling it. Then buying an Ox-locker and installing it myself. How hard would it be to install? Could I just pull the detroit and ring gear out and pop the new one in? Or do I have to reset all the measurements? My other thought was driving my YJ with the Detroit and seeing how I like it. But if I don't like it, that means I'll be out of a Jeep while I do the new install. So it seems most logical to swap now if I'm going to. What opinions do you all have? Only thing I'm scared about is how new the Ox is. It'll be my luck and they'll release a newer version after I get mine installed Thanks!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]Eat, Sleep, JEEP[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
"James and the Giant Jeep"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome