Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Help me out with this on board air thingie
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 10:26 AM
CJDave
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Help me out with this on board air thingie

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I have part of the answer GA. For one thing, the 12V compressors do have a tough time keeping up. The air lockers have leaks and require almost a continuous supply of air. Secondly, it's easy to dislodge the bead on a tire, and even with the use of a tourniquet, it's tough to get them seated without a good volume of air. Surprisingly enough, it takes a good-sized compressor in 12 volt configuration to even begin to equal a 6.2 or a 9.0 York belt-drive compressor. As for the filter, you can use a screw-on oil filter like a 3429 FRAM which has the same thread as 1/2" pipe and will do a great job filtering on the intake side. Mount it on the Jeep with a hose clamp or directly on top of the COMPRESSOR. BY THE WAY, instead of that useless little gauze filter in the air cleaner of your GM, put the pcv intake hose into a oil filter like the 3429 mounted on the firewall and you will keep from sucking that Chevy full of dirt.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome