Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Rear defroster wiring on 88 yj? nead diagram.
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
YJ_88

Rear defroster wiring on 88 yj? nead diagram.

Well I finally got tired of looking at all the wires that used to go to the computer and all the sensors for my old bbd. When I swapped in a mc2100 I just tie-wrapped all the wires onto the main harness with the idea that someday I might go back to the old system but I had come to the realization that that will never happen. I pulled the comp out and have cleaned all the wires out. While I was doing that I figuered I would get rid of those diagnostic plugs and the sol-vac relay. Then I got to the diode asembaly that is right next to the battery and was looking at it and my manuals and I cant figure out what its purpose is. It looks like a wire from the comp, the defroster and the a\c hook into it(I dont have a\c). My question is: why does the defrost circit need to be tided into this,what does it do. And can I run without it. My defroster never did work right and none of my manuals had a really good piture of what the complete defrost curcit looks like. Can somebody give me a hint. Thanks

88 YJ: TR upgrade and MC2100

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome