Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Centering steering wheel after pitman arm change?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
kutyafal
Veteran

Re: Centering steering wheel after pitman arm change?

Yes, both the old and new pitman are keyed but the new one is in line with the drag link hole while the old one was angled to the left slightly. It feels like something is binding or someting to one direction. Anyway, I have to have somebody steer while I watch what's happening exactly.
Regarding the 8.8 I'm right in the middle of it. Just finished the SYE and now I'm in the process of ripping out the stock rear and rolling in the Ford 8.8. It'll be fun to do it by myself but I'll manage. Once it's in I'll take the measurements for the CV shaft and it's off to Tom Woods to have it made. While I'm waiting for that the front end is gonna go under (the springs). Man, I can't believe it's actually progressing. I still have to finish hooking up the brakes, install shock brackets and shocks, make some rocker protection and finish tensioner for onboard welder. Huh!
Let me know how your's is going.

'91 YJ,I-6,2.5" lift,33s,D30,D35c,Lock-Rights F&R, SOA and Ford 8.8 soon http://members.home.net/t.molnar

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome