Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - CO Jeepers. Imogine Pass open?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 05:01 PM
sas87yj

Re: Stay tuned for Jacque\'s Imogine adventure ...

jaffer-
my wife and i along with our two dogs- a springer and a cocker no less.......... will be leaving early wed morn for williams to see my parents. they travel to cool climate in summer and stay usually in parker in winter. they are considering coming along with their nissan 4wd. my dad was born in colorado springs and knows all the passes, well a lot i'm sure. we won't be getting into the teluride area till thurs afternoon. don't know what trips we will be taking- just will play it out as it happens! we will drive jeep all the way- did same to moab. i still have stock gears and can still go fast enough- 65 good for me in a jeep. the 6 cyl will crank out faster but i'm not into speed with the jeep! we pack a large tent and down bags. don't cook except coffee in the morning. about 650 miles tucson to teluride roughly. no ac so will get through phoenix early! was 115 degrees there yesterday and 111 in tucson. yeah i will keep an eye out for you but again it looks like we will miss each other! thanks for the lunch invite! bet your friends have some real nice leather goods! do you have a trading post and where is it? my dad has bought a lot of indian crafts ie rugs, jewelry, pottery and baskets from all over and re-sold at his resort in death valley and then later he had a shop in ridgecrest, ca. he shopped at trading post wholesale and directly from the indian at their homes. helen naja made some fantastic hopi pottery for him.

steve
87yj,6cly,5spd,NP231,4.5"RE susp,1" body,SYE,CV,32x11.50MTR's,D30,D35posi

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome