Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - CO Jeepers. Imogine Pass open?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Jaffer

Stay tuned for Jacque\'s Imogine adventure ...

Steve-
I called the Ouray branch of the Forest Service yesterday morning and was told Imogine is OPEN!
We are staying overnight of the 4th after watching the fireworks with a friend who owns the "Hell Bent for Leather" store in the middle of Telluride.
And Jacque and I will depart there in the early afternoon of the 5th.
Sooo ... yep, keep a look out for us. The "Princess" is sporting darker blue half hard doors and I put a black hard top on her plus a set of big wide black flairs in case of rain... ... and no hood of course!
Check in at that store when you get there and maybe we can have some lunch together.
I told Jacque that the whole gang here will expect to read a story of this adventure, our first non-tow bar road trip.
She's already got me laughing .... I said "Honey, how long do you think it will take us to get to Ouray?" and she replied "Well, its an hour to Durango and an hour to Silverton plus another hour to Ouray so I guess it will take four hours."
"FOUR HOURS!" exclaimed I. How did you get the extra hour?"
"Well, she replied" We are going to be in a slow Jeep."
My face almost cracked from the expression I made on hearing that!
"SLOW JEEP, I exclaimed. "SLOW JEEP!!!"
Well, this will be an interesting experience .... she's never been in the CJ on the highway.
Stay tuned ... we'll see how my locked rear end and AT's do on a slick snow packed 14,000 food mountian pass ... I can see the look of terror in her eyes right now!!!

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome