Off Roading Forums banner

mxnhid

1K views 33 replies 5 participants last post by  Yankee Tim 
#1 ·
TENT...TENT...TENT

G
#3 ·
what the hell...what the hell...what the hell...

P.S. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs

#8 ·
You trying to get your rig done in time, or just called it quits? Are you catching up with us on tuesday to head out with the convoy? We could use your company and fearless leadership. Bring your plasma cutter down here so i can cut up a yj rear spring hanger for me and heidi's rig....

#9 ·
I haven't given up yet, tomorrow I'll be doing front YJ's inboard with all the fixin's including 32" shocks, then the rear. Cool thing about the rear LWB is there about 12" of frame after the shackle to mount a new mount!! Not sure when I'll be leaving cause I have to drop the wife and baby in Michigan at a friends and continue alone. I might only get there on the Thursday morning sometime. Keep me a place near you guys will ya!!!
Truck with camper doesn't take a lot of room.......it's the beer cases......LOL

DannyL
Pony Express

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com

#11 ·
I have the spare tent from last year too. I sent you mugs and email this am too. ANd I also have a cheapo
cot if ya want that. I will have pots and pans etc.. I plan on buying 2 days of food at a time then I don't have to try to keep it cool all the time. Zooky Max and I are working on trucks tomorrow, I doubt you could get away since it's the 4th. But I just wanted to mention it.

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html

#12 ·
Danny since your still going at it ( I really hope you bring your lwb down) How much would it be for you to plasma out an extra set of rear yj mounts? I have the springs but not the nice toys you have to fab up perches. I want to soften up Heidi's ride for paragon. She has lifted rancho springs on that are useless, so i figure yj's in the rear and rears up front with ML's and she will flex better then my hardtop!

#15 ·
Glenn, i want to bring the jumper samuri over for me and allen to set up for fun fun fun. Got the truck kinda up and running, i still cant get the flat off, but i stuck that gross tire inflater goo in there so that should get me to the point of an air pump so i can drive it a little and get it to the shop. Im bringing the tent over tonight and the tires for billybob so i dont forget. Its either tonight or go first thing in the morning to your place....

#19 ·
New snafu, I tried to change a flat on the sammi i want to tow, but the lugnuts are frozen on and just spin in place, tried to tow it to a air pump but broke the bead before i got 20 out of the driveway. That sucks. Im stuck on what to do? Im driving my audi over tommorow and dealing with it on thursday, but im not sure of how to deal with it. Its the front left one....I might just drag it across the street to good year and see if they can get it off. Just heard from my man doing the harness, said he got it about ten this morning and was working on it right away to send it out this late afternoon. I had him mail it to you. Cool beans.

#20 ·
Heat. lots of it. You could allways yank the knuckle off and then we could operate on it.
Don't worry about it until after the melt, I will borrow my bro-in law's 16' trailer and come out and snag it.
Okay? we have enough to do allready.

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html

#21 ·
Bo's is chugging along. It's now lifted, locked and rear disc'd. But will not be ready due to the need for gears, shocks, rims/tires (he's going with 33" Boggers), and a $hitload of armor. It's on track for Zookin' this fall.

Instead, we're bringing the white one. Just need to finish the track bar, a couple small things and do the "pre-run" spruce-up. We are still debating the towing issue. He wants to flat tow, I prefer to use the trailer. If it's a flat tow, than we need to build a tow bar too.

UGGGHH! And I'm in the office. Gotta get the hell outta here and get back to the shop!

Yankee Tim/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

#22 ·
Well I'm falling further behind every day....
So I'm going to have to kiss the dream on running my rig at the Melt GOODBYE!!
(Good part is I'll be ready for Zookin' for SURE!!!)

NOTE: since the pressure is off I'm going to install the Toy axle too. I ahve been working on the YJ conversion and was making good progress. But It's just too close and I'm feeling the pain. So now when I get back I'll start preparing to install the Toy axles and get Lockers for the front one and WELD the rear. Have the drive shafts made up a too....

I am going to attend the Melt anyway. I hope Zooky's got that seat for me (say yes, please......) I'll be the best helper EVER, I promise!!! LOL

So (with head hanging down) that's the sad story......

DannyL
Pony Express

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.