Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - anyone?
Thread: anyone?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 02:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: anyone?

this is nice to hear everyone's idea's here- and also how things are holding up- My Name Is Jesse Jaynes - nice to meet you all - i want to make your 4x4 adventures as realaible as possible - so in order to do so i need input - how things are preceived in the jeepers world - i can tell you this my perception is this -(personal not buisiness) when you buy a jeep your constantly upgrading and upgrading- i say this to all vendors that sell up grade parts for anything 4x4 - please take the time and try your own product you sell- you may not sell it anymore -The spline behind the kit is 26 ( turbo 350 same) and the slip yoke stlye oem is in my opion better than the broken off piece you saw in my post- the part in question is a 1310 c/v flange it has a big tendancy to seperate where the u joint goes in- very disturbing to me to see this - I am in no way knocking tom woods or other here- Tom does a great job on his drivelines and customer service is excellent - polite on the phone to me when i called a while back- the man has earned his trust-! I want any more input on what you all think if you so see fit- to these question if poss- #1 rubicon express has a kit around 99.00 uses the stock output shaft and redrilles it - # 2 tom woods makes his output shaft (oem) drilled for ease of install and provides a flange style bolt up 1/2 ton $ i beleive 575.00 $ complete with driveline or so- # 3 short shaft kit heavy duty 32 spline ( atlas and 205 style output) pricing around 289.00 $ or so- sources - tom woods - bayougeep- advanced adapters - and various other companys- Then there is the driveline (early style c/v ) not flanged 1/2 ton mainly tested over time - around 250+ up this kit requires 2 hours of labor to take your case out and disasemble then reassemble - what if any input does everyone have with these SHORT SHAFT 231 KITS? i would like to see people get there fullest money's worth when upgrading - Thanks for your time ,JESS

http://highangledriveline.com

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome