Off Roading Forums banner

4.3L Chevy Info. Needed

370 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  The_Sandman_454 
G
#1 ·
I'm looking a swapping a 4.3L Vortec into my 1980 Jeep CJ-7. I'd like to find a complete setup from a junk yard. Can anyone tell me what years and which models of GMC vehicles this motor was available in?

Thanks,
Lee

#2 ·
Contact GRQSTER on the Commando board. He's just done one from individual donors and can probably save you some headaches by telling you about his. He later bought a complete assy. and mentioned that it would have been SO much easier.

Caver Dave
'68 Jeepster SW
225 & 3spd
Vintage Jeeps(ters) have Character,
new Jeeps just have payments.

#3 ·
If it's a new style S truck (rounded front end as opposed to the older style squared off ones) and it's got the V6, it'll be the Vortec. I'm not sure of the year, but it should be either 93 or 94 for the OBD I (on board diagnostics I) and I believe the 96 and later were the OBD II (dual O2 sensors, one before and one after the catalytic converter, etc...)

You might want to go with a slightly earlier one so you can have the relative simplicity of a throttle body injection setup without tons of extra wires... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.