Off Roading Forums banner

Found a twin stick D20? Where to buy input gear

686 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  cocco_78 
G
#1 ·
I found a twin stick D20 today which supposidly came out of a 71 Jeep. Did D20 come with twin sticks from the factory? Anyway I'm using it to replace my D18. My D18 has a 29 tooth input gear, does the D20 use a 26 tooth gear? Where can I get a 26 tooth, 6 spline gear. Quadratec and 4wd hardware seem to have every gear but this one. Thanks

#3 ·
I thought the only D20's that were factory twin stick were out of Scouts, thats where mine came from, but I could be wrong.

pbm

ROLLED 74 CJ5,304,T18,2.46 ts D20,30f,44r,locked f&r,SOA,SRS buggy front,35's,Rci's,5pt,full cage,etc.

Support Search and Rescue.......Get Lost! /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

#4 ·
I thought they were Scouts as well.

The '71 should have a D18, not a D20, make sure the rear axle pumpkin is centered, if it's not it's a D18. The '72 and up had the D20 and the centered rear D44.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

G
#6 ·
Yep it is a Scout D20, at least its a twin stick. ANYWAY any of you guys have an input gear for a D20? I don't feel like paying almost $100 from 4wd hardware. Or how about some urls to any good jeep junk yards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.