Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - ZOOMY4
Thread: ZOOMY4
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 11:49 PM
zoomy4
Can't Get Enough

Re: ZOOMY4

AARRRRRRG! No brakes! Drop Anchor! Given the choice, I would rather blow a seal then a brake line any day Captain! AARRRRRRG! (Rob, I think people would have to be catching on by now!)

I am surprised that I have not done the same to my brake lines. I have the real long ones and need to secure them with springs to keep them off the tires as well as away from the moving suspension parts. If you want, here are the numbers for the longer NAPA brake lines: front - 38541, rear - 38688. If you just need a stock line, let me know. I have some on the zook out back.

The 29" tires should tuck nicely inside the fender wells. You will need to get some longer shocks to utilize the remainder of you suspension though. Here are the part numbers for the Autozone Red Ryders it you want to get those for now: front - 81440, rear - 81538. You will have to get some lower shock mounts and rear uppers to use them to their full potential.

I would stay away from the shackles for now. I think a 4.5" SPOA is plenty for your 29" tires. Don't want it to high without a wide enough foot print. In the future, just try to keep that keel from coming to rest on the bottom Captain - AARRRRRRG!

87' Samurai/1.6 Tracker/40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/shackle lift/CJ-Sami springs/Cross over steering/4" Pitman arm/31x13.50 TSL-SX/Pumpkin caps/Roll cage and bumpers in progress...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome