Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - exhaust leak is making me mad
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
u4ia4

exhaust leak is making me mad

hey people,
I've developed an exhaust leak behind my flowmasters. it is where the hanger was welded to the pipe itself. all it did was crack the weld and pull away the piping. roughly the soize of a dime. i don;t notice it often, but with the wondows down and at a stop i can hear it and it annoys me. is there any good way to fix it? I've tried the fix it taope, and some sort of a mineral based paste with no luck. i can get to the hole but not to tape it well because the hanger is there and attached to the other pipe.
How much do you think it would run me to have the local muff shop weld it up for me? If i try to arc weld it i know I'm gonna burn through the thin pipe....tried on my last truck. it'll cost about $13 in gas to take it back to the shop i got it done at and I'm not sure if I'm still on warranty for it or not. thanks for the input
---Peacock

<font color=red>96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train </font color=red>

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome