Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Yeah, It's funny now
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Sami

Yeah, It\'s funny now

I can laugh now, but it ain't been funny for some time. My Sami kept running hot. I replaced the water pump and it was ready for that. At the same time I replaced the thermastat and flushed the radiator. Went to Gotzuk and it was twenty degrees that day and it ran hot. I was at my wits end. I parked it until last week. I started checking everything. While setting still it ran cool. I would drive it and it would get warm. Till finally it was late and I went to check my lights andwhen I turned them on the temp gage went to hot. Turned off the lights and it went to cool. Turned on the flasher and it got hot, turned them off and it went cool. I started to see a pattern. Turned on the heater blower. Guess what? It got hot. So today after I returned from sking and being burnt to death. That is a different story.I disconnected the sending unit from the temp gage. It was working with out it. The engine ran cold then show it warm to normal. I turned on my lights and the gage showed hot. All of this and it wasn't even connected. Now that is funny!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome