Off Roading Forums banner

1.6 8V intake & exhaust?

329 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  CrowHorse 
#1 ·
I'm preparing to swap out my dead 1.6 for a fresh one and need to know about the intake & exhaust gaskets. Are the 1.6 and 1.3 gaskets the same? I'm using a 1.3 manifold (carbed and a Thorley). I replaced the head once and I went through this quandry before, but my memory isn't what it once was...
Suffering from chronic CRS.......
Thanks...

Oh, where was I?...Oh yes...

I'm preparing to swap out my dead 1.6 for a fresh one and need to know about the intake & exhaust gaskets. Are the 1.6 and 1.3 gaskets the same? I'm using a 1.3 manifold and a Thorley). I replaced the head once and I went through this quandry before, but my memory isn't what it once was...
Thanks...

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

#3 ·
Thank you!

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

G
#4 ·
1.6 went snafu?Got to get it all back together before the melt!!Hope all goes well,Make sure you take a minute to remember where the bolts are,when you reassamble it!!!LOL Have fun at the melt.Hope you'll get up this way to see us soon Crow!WOLFE~

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....

#5 ·
CrowHorse-i use 1.6 gaskets on intake and exhaust for 1.3
& 1.6 both-intake gasket is better exhaust gasket has bigger
ports--oldzuki

88 spoa samurai/weber/isky
97 sidekick sport
those that can samurai those that can't ?

#6 ·
Yep....Several problems came to light after the crank bolt snapped. While investigating, I fished out 2 AWOL valve train screws that were mangled nearly beyond recognition and.... a small portion of a piston skirt.
Two years ago when I replaced the head, I staked the screws. Now I know how very important it is do do it visually.
I've been battling a vibration that I've always thought was steering/front end in origin. In hindsight, the vibration was more than likely the motor being out of balance. Bugger!
Well, now I know and I'm picking another 1.6 up Saturday. With any luck, Sunday, I'll be swinging it in. Crunch time before the Melt!
I was planning on coming up to have a bumper modification (Crawler) I spoke with Tim about to mount it on a second plane (Schedule 40 pipe) before the Melt. The motor FUBAR forced me to put that off till after it. I'll get up there, hopefully sooner than I plan.
Bolts? What bolts?

All Good Medicine,
Crow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.