Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Please think about what you do before you do it!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Capn_Crunch

Please think about what you do before you do it!

I'm not lookin' for sympathy; I just wanna ask that y'all think about the stupid things you do before you do them.

I just found out that a high school friend of mine died in a motorcycle accident. He rear ended a car on the highway. The investigation determined that he was travelling between 160 and 180 miles an hour when he hit the car. The force of the crash compressed the car to approximately 4 feet in length and sent both occupants to the hospital in serious condition (One of the car's occupants was an 8 year old girl.). My friend died at the accident scene.

I find myself being mad, VERY pissed off and very sad. Not just for the loss of my friend but also for the lives that he has wrecked. I cannot imagine the physical and psychological pain that this little girl and her father (the occupants of the car) are going to have to live with for the rest of their lives, not to mention the fact that my friend left behind 5 small children who will have to grow up without their father.

What bothers me the most is that my friend was a great guy (He was a well known local drag racer and got me interested in hot rodding when I was a kid.). But now, despite all the good he accomplished in his lifetime, he's going to be forever remembered by the public for this one stupid act, an act that took place in a few seconds and ended in tragedy.

I guess my point is please think about your actions before you do them because the end results could have consequences far beyond your imagination. I know it's easy to get caught up in the moment and not recognize the potential for disaster or affects which could result. But, the next time you race to get through that yellow light or get pissed at that person next to you - or even feel like showing off for that matter - stop and think just for a split second about your actions - think about whether or not the consequences outweigh the opportunity.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome