Off Roading Forums banner

Poly t/case bushings

497 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Yankee Tim 
G
#1 ·
I've been seeing a lot of talk and sales on these poly t/case bushings. I'm just looking on some feedback from people who have switched and have been running them. I understand it's nothing really noticable, but figured they yielded less time fixing the old ones. Are they worth the money? Thanks for the input guys Marc

88 Samurai, 16 V EFI motor, Dana 44's, 36" Swampers, ARB and Detroit
lockers, custom drop arms, GRS II, 5.38 r&p, Warn 8000, custom bumpers,
leather seats & lots more.

G
#3 ·
I was thinking of putting in the poly mounts...but I started thinking (bad thing for me) that the rubber mounts kind of act like a weak link, they tear before I damage the Tcase.
I have a GRS2 with the renforced Tcase arms, so the Tcase is in there solid, and the rubber mounts let it have some give. I was thinking the poly mounts might make it to rigid. So what do you guys think? am I totally off on that idea??? But then again if the rubber does rip, that could damage the Tcase when it flops around....

87 zuk, 1.6 VW Diesel, SPOA, Rear springs up front, CJ Springs in rear, Missing links all around, GRS 2, Detroits Front & Rear, 33"Goodyear MT/R, ARB bumper, Warn 8000, Breeze Crossover steering

G
#4 ·
I used to think the same thing too..... until this Summer when we broke 3 rubber tcase mounts on the Rubicon in 2 days. Talk about pain in the ass. Not only did the mounts break, but the floor of the vehicle got bashed up from the tcase arms flopping up and down. The reinforced tcase arms also bent since they hold up well when mounted properly, but don't do so well when bashing into the floor and frame.

I used too believe in the "fuse" principle too. But I'm sick and tires of spending my trail toime fixing stuff. Now, I just beef the heck out of everything so nothing can break. Bring it on!

http://www.rocky-road.com

#5 ·
When I installed my new bushings I noticed just by looking at the shift lever that the tcase dosen't vibrate near as much. Also, I think RangerRick actually cracked his tcase when he ripped a stock rubber mount.

-Ryan
'88 Sami. locked, Warned, lifted, geared. Two track mind :)

#6 ·
"I used too believe in the "fuse" principle too. But I'm sick and tires of spending my trail toime fixing stuff. Now, I just beef the heck out of everything so nothing can break. Bring it on!"

Glenn, you got that right! And Max says the Scrambler is overbuilt, I think not! No such thing.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

#7 ·
I TORE THE SIDE OUT OF MY NEW 4:16 T-CASE USING STOCK RUBBER MOUNTS-PUT IN THE POLY MOUNTS NOW[PLEASE]RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM

G
#8 ·
Thanks for all the input guys, i'm going to order the new t/case arm and the poly mounts in a few minutes. Marc

88 Samurai, 16 V EFI motor, Dana 44's, 36" Swampers, ARB and Detroit
lockers, custom drop arms, GRS II, 5.38 r&p, Warn 8000, custom bumpers,
leather seats & lots more.

G
#9 ·
I'll be ordering the Poly mounts also!
Thanks for the input guys.

Rick

87 zuk, 1.6 VW Diesel, SPOA, Rear springs up front, CJ Springs in rear, Missing links all around, GRS 2, Detroits Front & Rear, 33"Goodyear MT/R, ARB bumper, Warn 8000, Breeze Crossover steering

G
#10 ·
I was notorious for tearing the stock t-case mounts. It would happen almost every time I'd go out 4-wheeling, and now my Samurai's body over the t-case is all bashed in from the t-case smashing it every time the stock bushings tore.

I installed and wrote an article on Glenn's t-case mounts (http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/reviews/rrmounts.htm) and since then, I have had ZERO t-case problems. I have also had no side effects from the lack of a "fuse". I highly recommend them. And for the price, you can't go wrong!

-- Geoff Beasley

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.