Off Roading Forums banner

efi 351w. does auto or manual matter?

643 views 1 reply 0 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
i am currently running a 351w/np435 in my jeep. i got the injection parts from a 89 f-150. well i cant get it to run right on my motor so i have found a wrecked 95 f-250 with an e4od tranny. when swapping will it matter if i put it infront of my np435. i have heard that it does. they said you need to use the ecc from a manual equipped truck if you plan to use a manual tranny. is this correct? also is the vehicle speed sensor a must?

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
efi351w/np435/d300/d60fr/14br/detroits/4.56/38's

G
#2 ·
I have a 5.8 that I am putting an AODE behind. The guys at baumannengineering.com said that you can use a different transmission (an AODE or a manual) if your computer was controlling an electronic transmission like the E4OD. You just have find out what pins on the eec were controlling the ist and 2nd shift solenoids and a couple of other pins, and then hook up the right resistors in line so as to fool the computer into thinking that the tranny is still there. Sory, I can't help you with which pins and which resistors to use, but it is possible to fool an automatic eec to working with a manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.