Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Drawings anyone?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 11:29 PM
kutyafal
Veteran

Re: Drawings anyone?

Well here are the measurements. I was measuring in relation to the edge of the rear cross member that has the original bumperettes mounted to it. I just made a rear bumper from a 4x3x1/4 angle iron and my actual drilled hole locations are slightly different as indicated in the text. I guess these are the rounded out measurements that the designers intended but there may be slight manufacturing differences. At any case the rear cross member mounting holes are slightly oval to compensate for this. Mounting bolts are all 7/16x14, including the frame tie-in weldnut inside the frame just behind the rear shackle bushing (accessed from bottom). This was hell to track down because of heavy rust it appears as different size.

1" 8" 32" 8" 1"
| *-----* ___________*-----* |

Man, love this ASCII crap... anyway in so many words from the cross member edge inward to first column of bolts is 1". Between the first and second column of bolts (all bolts for one of the bumperettes) it's 8" (7 7/8 on mine). Between the two inner set of bolts it is 32" (again 31 7/8 on mine).
Vertically the top row of bolts are 1" from the top of the cross member and there is 1 1/4" between the two rows of bolts vertically. The most important are the bolt spacings are in relation to one another. The edge distances are not so important except if you use a tie-in strap of metal on bottom of bumper to frame than the distance (on my angle iron bumper) from the bottom row of mounting holes to the bottom of bumper is 2 1/8. This is important so the strap can lay flush against the bottom of bumper for best fit. The way I got my hole measurements is by first mounting the tie-in straps than laying the angle iron on them and mark hole locations through cross member holes. Anyway, if you actually read all this I hope it helps. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

'91 YJ,I-6,2.5" lift,Boomerangs,33s,D30,D35c,Lock-Rights F&R

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome