Off Roading Forums banner

What do you all think of Arctic Cat 4 Wheelers??

20K views 18 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
We sell Arctic Cats at work and i was wondering what you all think about them. The good the bad and the ugly. so far all i know they are better than every thing else out there.

BigRebel (aka.Mike)
1985 Toyota 4 Runner, 22RE, 5 Speed, 4.10 gears, 30x9.50 R15 tires

See less See more
G
#5 ·
of everyone that i have talked to say they dont like them because of the heel/toe shift pattern...i have never rode one so i dont know for myself. the artic cat dealers in my area are way overpriced so i have never really looked at them. hope this helps.

Chris
'87 Honda CR125R
'88 Suzuki Quadracer
'99 Kawasaki Prairie 300
Still Lookin For A Yamaha :)

#6 ·
OK here it goes...

they are way underpowered...
they are far from ergonomically comfortable...
they do not seem solid in the suspension category...
and I believe they threw it out there to make some quick cash...

So far you couldnt give me one...no offense...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

G
#7 ·
my turn
I have a 98 300 4x4 as far as I am concerned this is a small tractor! It will climb anything and has more suspension travel than anything in its class, it is slow but this makes up in good ride handeling and tons of torque
this is sure as hell no banshee by any means though. I live this quad even though it is slow. I have gotten it stuck but the winch I have on it pulled it out like it was rolling on the street. I love em'

GO GREEN OR GO HOME

G
#8 ·
we sold a 300 4x4 today. th dude did doughnuts with it in the grass, he loved it. he was climbing a couple of pallets we set up. Once he put it into 2wd he loved it, it was easy to turn. he even bought a camo kit and a husky blower too. another satisfied customer.

BigRebel (aka.Mike)

G
#9 ·
Re: What do you all think of Arctic Cat 4 Wheelers

isnt that the same quad as the suzuki quadrunner 300 or the king quad?? My friend has a 96 and i remember when they first artic cats came out they had the same engine, suspension and frame. is the same still true?

"Loofer"
'88 Banshee /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
It is not about "WHAT" you ride, It is about "IF" you ride.

#10 ·

im pretty sure they are still the same...i know that the engines are..

Quench my thirst with gasoline
--The Wicked Warrior of The East

G
#11 ·

I have a Suzuki King quad and as far as I know they have similar engines and suspension. I am not sure if the AC 300 has Locking front differential like the King Quad. They both seem like great bikes but I love my zuki.

G
#12 ·

my dealer is gonna make my dif locked when i put it in 4x4 otherwise it will just have the limited slip, which is great for most people but not for me! I wanna climb straight up the side of a steep slippery mud covered hill!
ooooh I cant wait!

GO GREEN OR GO HOME

G
#13 ·

Arctic cats only use a suzuki engine every thing else is arctic cat. I rode a zuki and it had the front diff lock. i never used it but the levers where right there to engage it if you needed it. doesnt it have one lever high, low, super low and another one 2wd 4wd 4wd diff lock?

BigRebel (aka.Mike)

#14 ·

yeah those king quads have levers everywhere

Quench my thirst with gasoline
--The Wicked Warrior of The East

G
#15 ·

Yeah on my 97 King Quad on the right their is high, low, super low. On the left is 2wd, 4wd, and 4wd lock. I am making a mod on mine so i can run the Diff lock in high, low, and super low instead of just super low.

G
#16 ·

you wont be able to turn it and drive straight into a tree.
This is a safety feture that zuki stuck in so you wouldn't crash. plus it will probably void yer warrenty if you have any left. Just my opinion but it would be pretty cool.

GO GREEN OR GO HOME

G
#17 ·

i bought it used its a 97. If i wanted to make it just work in super low all you gota do i put the pin back in it doesn't look like a complicated procedure.

G
#19 ·
I was kinda suprised this question hasnt come up earlier. .but thats it.

We too sell Cats at work. I've been mulling them over and over for the last couple of years. I've driven every machine to ever come outta that place, and I've developed an opinion on them. I've pushed them to their limits, and put them to their trials.. and here's my review:

-NOT underpowered. Maybe the power curve is a little too smooth. .but the power is there. (especially with the super-low setting on the 400s)

-The sitting is uncomfortable at first.. .but i'm used to yamahas. But after a day or so in the country, messin around with the quad, you grow VERY accustomed to it. It becomes real nice. the more upright position and thin seat are easier on the back.

-Suspension. Here's an interesting point. The suspension FEELS real weird at first, as though she wants to roll over on any turn. But over all, the independent suspension is AMAZING.. especially for rough trails, rocks, and the unexpected tree root in a mud hole. It takes some gettin used to, but overall i love the suspension setup.

-The shifting I never did get used to . I'll stick with my single ended shift lever. It seems as though the heel shifter is always in the way. The floorboards however are real nice to have like that.

-The 500 is AMAZINGLY powerful, if you know how to use it.

-The automatic system is on par with the best of 'em.

As for the comparison to zuki's .. the engine IS made by suzuki.. everyone knows that . .but its only the engine. arctic cat came up wit the frame, suspension (which is one of AC's strong points, as seen it the AWS on the new sleds)

I've mulled it over for some time now, and i've decided im not STRICTLY an arctic Cat man. .but i definately like em.. alot.

Evan

Evan. XL100S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.