Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Which Is Better?!
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 06:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Which Is Better?!

thanks everyone for their input; I appoligize for being vague in my question; here's the thing: i'm new to this, and I will soon buy a cj7!! For a while I was torn between a 1971 cj5 and a 78/79 cj7. I finally decided on the 78/79 after a few months of moderate research to determine which is the best jeep year to buy. (((I know))), that depends on the use etc etc and many more etc, but several sources point to the very late 70's (i.e. 78/79 cj7) as the ultimate jeep (year). there have been many debates arguing this (many with valid views), and as a newcomer with only 3 jeeps in the family, i see most of the evidence pointing toward the 78/79, and no one I know has one. i am not saying that a stock 78/79 is better than a modified 62,71,83, whatever, but factory built this at least (appears) to be the case. so my question a tad differently is: taking the best jeep 1978 has to offer and taking the best jeep 1979 has to offer, which is better (in any regards)? I know it is still vague, but it is meant not to limit anyones reasons as to why they think one is better: with any issue or specs. thank you all for being patient with my vague question, and please note that "i'm" not saying which year is better than another( i have no idea) i'm just relaying the majority opinion i personally have witnessed. thanks all

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome