Off Roading Forums banner

General Grabber MT's?

713 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jps4ever 
G
#1 ·
General Grabber MT\'s?

does anyone have General Grabber MT's and how are their sidewall, how long do they last and are the quality tires or should i just get BFG MT's?thanks they almost look the same

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd / 31"BFG AT's

#2 ·
Re: General Grabber MT\'s?

Not sure about the mud tires. I had General tires on my Saleen Mustang that I got for graduation back in 1990 and they were the longest lasting tire I ever had on it. My not so bright parents gave a 17 yr old a high power race car and all I used to do was spin the tires and they lasted almost 30k mi. even with me driving it. I would assume the MT are the same quality though.

By the way I only had the car for about a yr and a half then had it taken away after my dad had to come and get me in Alabama for 127 in a 55. It was sold 1 wk. later.

#4 ·

I was talking to a guy recently that had a set of 33's on his tj. He said that for the price they were great. But he had already ripped the sidewalls on two of them on moderate trails. He also said that he tore the 31" BFG's he used to have on there just as easily. Mabye its his driving

'79 CJ-7

#5 ·

I just bought a brand new set of 33 MTs recently. Traction is great, clears the mud better then BFG MTs and fearly quiet on the highway. They also work in the rain better then BFG MTs. It only has 2ply sidewall but a friend has a set on his TJ for 6 months now and he doesn't baby them. He's yet to tore one up yet. It's certainly not a Swamper SX so you have to know what it's limitations. As long as you don't lead-foot through rock gardens with sharp rocks and sharp stumps they should last. They're also lighter for 33s then the BFGs or Pro Comps so engine and break performance won't suffer that much.

'91 YJ,I-6,2.5" lift,Boomerangs,33s,D30,D35c,Lock-Right F&R and a light foot ;)

#6 ·

I'm running the 35" Grabber MT on my CJ and I love them. Great traction and they seem to be wearing well. I had the BFGs before and for the money I'm sticking with the Grabbers. I saved over $200 buying the Generals, can't beat that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.