Off Roading Forums banner

Gotta have a Banshee

957 views 16 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I know yall cant give me an exact price but what would a good ballpark figure be to offer for 97 Banshee, about 10 hours on the factory motor, 2 sets of factory non cut plastics (Red/Black), 2 factory tanks (yellow/Black), 2 sets of rims and tires ( factory wheels and tires and factory wheels with paddles).

Also for the kind of cash im expecting to pay would you recomend something different? Whats the scoop on rapter VS banshee? The only experience I have on four wheelers is a 250R and a 200SX, but ive ridden bikes all my life. I started out on a CR250.

Thanks for any help.

JAG
Las Vegas NV

90 X-Cab Toyota V6 5Speed, 4 inch procomp, 3 inch DC, 35x 12.50 BFG Baja's./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
87 K5 Blazer Silverado Bone stock. The womans ride.

See less See more
#3 ·
a 98?? if you get it for 3000 jump that bitch and do whatever the guy wants...

if you get it for less then 4500 I would be surprised...maybe 4200...
I bought a 94 for 2400 but I haggled the hell out of it before I bought it...and I also drove from mpls, MN to cleveland OH and back...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

G
#5 ·
Here in Southern Ca, I would see it for about $4500.

I have never ridden a Raptor. I can only relay on what i read in the magazines. The Raptor has more HP stock for stock(38 vs. 35). I understand it is too narrow, too short, and too tall for desert and sand dunes. If i got one, id do +3" arms, 2-3" swing, +6 axle, twist(naturally) exhaust, pro flow with foam and outerwear, no lid, rejet, then take it from there.

Where do you plan on riding? Raptor is better for woods, trails. Banshee is better for desert and dunes.

Talk to Raptor Rider, he has one of each!

-cleartoy

Got sand?

G
#6 ·
The scoop on the Raptor is that the Banshee is pure adrenaline rush , and the Raptor is pure pleasure , it depends on what kind of riding you are going to be doing , I have both , and the Raptor is the king of the hill when it comes to trails , jumping , hill climbing ,and just putting around in the woods , the Banshee is the king of the hills when it comes to the dunes , it has more tire speed than the raptor so if gets up on top faster there fore it beats the $hit out of the raptor , where are you going to ride it and what do you expect it to do?

Ride hard, Lifes short

#7 ·
ya know everyone states that the banshee is a desert machine and is not great in the woods...but I run my banshee 85-95% of the time in woods trails...I mean hell look where I live...I live in MN whcich doesnt have dunes to speak of...and its wilderness up here....I love mine in the trails...so I think that it can be a great trail ride too...if you know HOW to use the power it gives out....

AirBorn!!

#9 ·
ahahaha yzroost....too funny...but i have a bike..why do i need a new one?

AirBorn!!

G
#10 ·
I guess the main place I would ride would be the Nellis dunes(just east of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway), lots of sand but theres rocks and desert out there to. Id probably use it in the mountains a little to.

JAG
Las Vegas NV

90 X-Cab Toyota V6 5Speed, 4 inch procomp, 3 inch DC, 35x 12.50 BFG Baja's./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
87 K5 Blazer Silverado Bone stock. The womans ride.

G
#11 ·
Your right Airborn it is in the way you ride it on the trails , I rode my banshee on the hills around here and it did just fine , turns alittle wide but all I had to do was juice it and I was turned , but the Raptor does better in tight spots that all

Ride hard, Lifes short

#12 ·
decide if you would prefer a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke and go from there...

raptor_rider...I can understand what you are saying, but with all the machines I have ridden, the banshee will tear most up in our neck of the woods...

now this may seem cocky but then does that mean I am that much better of a rider then those on raptors and 400EX 4 strokes? :)
heheheh I love questions like this...

I mean between my nephew and myself (both on banshees) the only one that can keep up with us on the trails is my nephew on his yz250....

I love my banshee that is all I know....

AirBorn!!

#14 ·
ur right..I do love it...and when I die I dun want a casket...just bury me in my truck with my banshee hooked up in the bed...next to me will be two bottles of gin and a couple pads of paper and pens in case I get creative waiting to goto heaven :)

AirBorn!!

#16 ·
ahahahaha ILL ask God if he will let me have a DS3 or T1 line OK?? :)

AirBorn!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.