Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - If you're thinking about a Rochester Carb . . .
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 06:23 PM
CJDave
Keyboard Implanted

Re: If you\'re thinking about a Rochester Carb . . .

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Sometimes it amazes me that stuff like that 2G will still outperform later model junk. That 2G goes back to the EARLY (late fifties) Chevy V8 days. That is practically the Stone Age. In the middle fifties, Ford was hung up on Holly carbs; Mopar used Carter; and GM used mostly Rochester. In 1960, after doing everything possible to try and make a Ford truck run decent and idle with some degree of smoothness for backing trailers, I finally drop kicked a nearly new Holly into the scrap pile and bolted up a greasy 2BBL Rochester straight off a Buick in the wrecking yard, and all of a sudden I had a truck![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] When you look at a carb that has to have two pages to get the whole exploded view in the parts manual, that's trouble! Too much crud to get right and keep right.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] When it comes to four-bolt 2BBL carbs, there are a lot of them out there to pick from.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Isn't it NICE when something works out so darn good? Reminds me of that Ferd truck![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome